Friday, September 23, 2016

How did I repair my friend’s Redmi 1s phone ?


1.     My friend accidently removed ‘Google play services’ from his Android Redmi 1s phone.
2.     Owing to that all associated apps like gmail, youtube, some games and other android apps stopped running.
3.     Message displayed was something like – 'Your device does not have Google play services installed and take your phone to manufacturer’.
4.     My friend was worried that, it is going to cost him minimum 20 bugs to get his phone operational again.
5.     Fortunately, Google chrome was active in the phone.
6.     On trying to find out the solution to the problem on internet,  I realized that there is a need to first have Google installer software on the phone.
7.     I downloaded that without any delay. It was around 32 MB file and got saved to ‘Downloads’ folder in the phone. In Redmi 1s, this folder exists in ‘Explore’ folder.
8.     I installed that ‘installer’ to the Android folder.
9.     Then, I was able to download Google play services software from internet as well and install that.
10. Phone started working perfectly fine with all apps operational.
11. It was about 2 hours of overall effort for me to learn it. But, now with this knowledge shared, you should not be taking more than 15 minutes to resolve any such problem.
12. I saved my friend’s 20 bugs and he has now promised me a treat.

No comments:

Post a Comment